Acupuncture is a tried and tested system of complementary medicine. The Chinese and other eastern cultures have been using acupuncture to restore, promote and maintain good health for thousands of years.
Nowadays more and more people are finding acupuncture can offer an effective solution to all manner of today’s ills.
Acupuncture is now widely used and accepted all over the world and in the UK there are currently over 2800 qualified acupuncturists registered with the British Acupuncture Council.
Acupuncture can be useful in treating many different conditions and symptoms, such as:
- Aches and Pains, back pain, arthritic pain, joint pain, frozen shoulder, rheumatic pain, sciatica
- Sports injuries
- Headaches, migraines
- Digestive problems, indigestion, constipation, IBS, diarrhoea
- Mental-emotional issues, anxiety, concentration levels, confidence, sleeping problems, insomnia, emotional problems, stress
- Hayfever, allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, asthma
- Skin problems
- Smoking cessation
- Tiredness, chronic fatigue syndrome (ME)
- Women’s health issues; period pain, menopausal symptoms, difficulty conceiving, irregular periods, PMS
Acupuncture is also safe to use during pregnancy and can be especially useful for helping to treat morning sickness as well as helping with turning breech presentation babies and preparing your body for labour.
Acupuncture can be used to help with post-birth issues like haemorrhoids or pain during breastfeeding.